Saturday, February 11, 2012

I know, I know, another picture of Ward? Totally becoming the crazy cat lady. But seriously, how cute is that when he covers his eyes while he is sleeping? Adorable.

This week was stressful. With the impending valentine's day coming up next week, I've been feeling more blue than normal recently. Court went fine this week--nothing too overwhelming as far as cases to appear on--but I got two client mothers who were crabbing at me. Normally this wouldn't bother me but I'm a bit more sensitive than usual right now so it really got under my skin.

The first mom was mad because her (adult) kid missed court and there was a warrant for the client. Somehow that was my fault? And she was not happy that I couldn't just snap my fingers and make the warrant disappear. She was very unhappy with my not-being-the-judge-so-not-able-to-quash-the-warrant-right-then. I guess I'll work on that?? I mean, I guess I don't know what to say to that.

The second mom was angry with me because her kid got a prison sentence and the co-defendant didn't. This mom wanted to know why. She wanted me to email her the answer. Trying to explain the MN Sentencing Guidelines in an email is really difficult, I found out. It's much easier to explain them in person. She also had several other questions/demands/accusations for me, which I found exhausting to deal with. But that is my new current state-exhausted.

Which I am because it's 3:00 a.m. Time for all little narcoleptics to go to bed...


No comments:

Post a Comment