Monday, December 09, 2013

Motivation waning

I have had an absolute bitch of a time lately concentrating at work. I don't know what my deal is but I just cannot seem to focus. I have a ton of things I need to do but getting to everything is impossible. It's feeling super overwhelming & then I start to feel like I won't ever get ahead. Then I have trouble focusing.

It's stupid, because I do good work & I have had some good outcomes lately, so I should be motivated from that. But I feel like I am dragging lately. It's really exhausting. Even w/ the good outcomes recently, I'm still having trouble feeling that same enthusiasm.

Maybe it's the cold, gloomy weather that is starting to bring me down.

In better news, I did win a hrg last week that I didn't think I would. Those wins are some of the best! It was extremely exciting to pull off a big W when I was almost certain I wouldn't, so that made my day last week. And my client was happy too, so that's always a plus.

I have 2 more weeks left of work--this week & next--and then I will be on my annual winter break vacation. Two weeks of hanging out, relaxing, & having nothing to do except what I want. It will be wonderful. Maybe after that, I will feel motivated again. Maybe I just need some time away to recharge my batteries & not have to deal w/ work for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment