Friday, May 18, 2018

Three months

I've been at my new job & in my new apt for three months now. It's been so good. Better than I imagined it would be!

I like my office a lot. My co-workers are wonderful & funny & awesomely supportive. My bosses are good & let me do my thing. There are a lot of judges so I get variety in who I'm appearing in front of instead of constantly being in front of the same two or three judges. I have a smaller caseload. I have a ton more options for lunch!

I got a kickball team together with my officemates & we play in a league on Tuesday nights. We are pretty rough since it's our first season but we have so much fun it doesn't matter that we aren't really good. We just have fun. And one of my teammates calls me coach now, so that's pretty funny.

My apartment is great, although my neighbors both upstairs & around can be a bit aggravating at times. But that is neighbors, so oh well. I have a whole room dedicated just to my sewing & arts. I have a backyard & a little mini porch & the kitties have tons of space to run around & places to nap.

Since the beginning of 2018, I haven't had any real major depressive episodes & I have felt really good overall. Not every day is fantastic but overall I have more good days than bad.

I'm happy. I don't know how long that will last, but I am grateful for it while it is here. It is a nice change of pace from the way I felt for so long.

Three months. It's feels like it's been both almost no time at all & a long time.

I've even had my first jury trial in my new location! It was a First Degree Drugs case & my client was facing a minimum of 109 months of convicted. It took the jury less than a hour & they came back with a big NG!! My client had been in jail for about 3.5 months & he got to finally go home. And I found out it was the first time that prosecutor has ever lost a trial. So that was a great way to make my entrance!

Things are good. I'm happy. And that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment